Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Submission Only tournaments

     I'm looking forward to Metamoris 3 and I'm starting notice more submission only tournaments coming up locally on the east coast as well.  Is this something that is a new growing trend or is it old school coming back?  I came into Jiu Jitsu when I was  28 which I feel is kind of late but in competition I always worried I would lose on points so I put them out of my mind only went for submissions anyway.



I was injured during a sparring session in another martial art when I had my blue belt in BJJ so I never felt confident in competing again for a while since the injury was a tear in my groin and took a long time to get over.  If this is going to be the new norm I would like to try and compete again but I wonder if losing the points would hurt the way anyone trains?  Please comment below...

No comments:

Post a Comment